Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 4 at Thornbill Broome State campground.

Day started out with a 40 minute wait at the campground gate for it to open so I could get back to my motorhome with coffee at 7:30 am. Seems they lock the campground gate at 10:00 pm so people don't sneak in for a free campsite. I asked the guy (lifeguard) who unlocked the gate at 8 am to let me back in from my Starbucks run, "what would happen if my wife and I were to go to dinner, have a few drinks while arriving back at the campground after 10 pm"?  "I guess you'd have to get a motel". So the state is putting a "curfew" on citizens in their 60's"...Big Brother at his finest!

                                                     Early morning at Point Hueneme


I believe these are C-130's at the Point Hueneme Air Base.


            One of the Air Forces AWACS...I just can't find which one? This plane would buzz the hills and ocean all day long, really fun to watch.


Lifeguard "Donna" with a couple of extra helping eyes.


Not much for a lifeguard to watch for during mid-week.


Donna with our camp host's from Canada...Gordon and Lisa. (WTF?, how do Canadians get the best gigs in America?)


Brrrr....First night since we've been here that the marine layer started seeping in.


Ahhhh, a shower, glass of wine and a fire relaxes all.








No comments: