Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Auto tour of the Ojai Valley

                 My day, as usual, started with a run to Starbucks and a paper. Lucky me, only had to wait 5 minutes for the state to let me back into the campground this morning. On the way to Starbucks I decided to take a closer look at some of the "multi-buck" ocean homes at the very north of Malibu. I wouldn't feel to safe in these stilt homes, as later you will see.


             You can see from the photo why so many of these homes had this posted on them from the county.


                          The weather man says today would be windy and cool starting at around 10 am, so rather than bunker down in the motorhome we took a tour of the Ojai area. Can't say I got many photo's of Ojai other than this one overlooking the valley because the town seemed a bit too "artsy fartsy" for us.


Donna and I got all excited thinking we saw this "out of focused" Condor only to find out when we got back to the PC we had identified the bird it was a Turkey Vulture...but it was sooo big!


Next stop was the beautiful campus of Thomas Aquinas College just outside Ojai.


Odd to me was that this college only offered one degree...a bachelor's in liberal arts?


This "acorn Woodpecker" was making a racket near us.



                     We were able to identify this as a "peregrine Falcon" even if I am still trying to learn the camera focus and all. It was just hanging in the wind at Mugu Point and kept folding its wings back for a dive but never dropped more than 10 or 20 feet...I called them fake dives for no other explanation.


Well we made it back around 4 in the afternoon and were greeted with some heavy wind and cooler temps. Time to snuggle into the MH, watch a little TV or read. How do you think those houses in the first photo are faring?










No comments: