Friday, August 30, 2013

After nearly two years on the road we will be taking a break for a year or so....

We are taking a break sooner than planned, not that we are at all tired of traveling but because we found a place we really like.


Just closed on a house 3 miles outside of Colville, Washington in a subdivision with mostly two or three acre lots. Colville is in the most northeastern part of the state, very near to Canada. Ours is just under one acre which is more than enough for me to take care of. 


There is room to park the motorhome but plan only to use it as a base until we get some furniture...of which we have none.


I may of mentioned the fabulous view from our patio...right?


After Donna sat there, she jumped up and told me to head for Sears in town where I got a trimmer, rake and a shovel (thats just to get started).


After a little elbow work between us....


We now have our view...even from my "out of place" beach chair!


Here we are watching our "invisible" 55 inch LED TV in the corner. We got a great garage sale deal on these two teak recliners and tables as a start (which will eventually be our patio furniture).


With no television I guess we'll have to look out over the valley. We were there three times today changing locks and dropping off sale items and each time a different neighbor knocked on the door to introduce themselves. Each and every person we have met or did business with in our neighborhood and in Colville have been so friendly and helpful. We think it will be nice living in a small town. 


I truly believe I could sit here every day to watch the sky and clouds. I'm sure very soon I will mostly be looking at clouds and some snow but after 34 years in the Nevada desert we are ready to experience 4 full seasons.


We hope that Benji and Missy don't hassle the deer to much in our yard. Even though they tend to eat the plants you happen to like and poop everywhere (the deer not the dogs lol)...we still like seeing them. All three neighbors we met today said that although the deer eat the best part of their yards they still love seeing them. I went up at dust to replace two wood-stove bricks and found a buck and doe in the yard.

Our blog will slow down in the future until we start traveling again.




1 comment:

Teri said...

Hello! I think you owe me a phone call or SOMETHING! What? Just catching up on your big news! Looks wonderful! Can't wait to talk to you and hear and see more :-)