Saturday, August 11, 2012

Smoky North Fork, Idaho

       We don't feel it or really smell it much but you can certainly see the effect of all the fires that were caused by lightning in the mountains above us. We are hoping for a change in winds tomorrow.



        While the lightning storms are beautiful, in these dry conditions they can be dangerous.


Donna and I took a drive to see some elk and got caught up in a storm. 
After spotting this new fire we drove to town to report it.


The afternoon sun through the smoke turned the Salmon River into the "Gold River". Donna is my biggest supporter in whatever I try.


A little smoke won't stop me from trying a few flies.


You would think in these photos the trout would be "golden trout" but I'm very satisfied with a cutthroat.


Even in times of bad weather, storms or fires this is a beautiful river and area.


Took a dirt road up to the top of the mountains to see if I could spot the fires.I did see some deer in the river drinking.


All I could see and smell was smoke...lots of it.








































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you catch that on a dry or a streamer?

Unknown said...

neither...black wooly bugger