Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Granddaughters first visit.

My son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter came to visit Donna and I in North Fork for a couple of days. First thing we did was take a drive to Bookers down on the Salmon River for chips, salsa and animal watching.

Ole eagle eye was the first to spot one of the local residents when she shouted "I think I saw a eagle". Sure enough, we turned around and there was the eagle Ashley had found.


Ashley liked Bookers because of the dogs and cats in and about the place.


Ashley was outside looking at the baby kittens or maybe she was looking for the "pirate Mouse" (long story)


Ashley and I looked around outside when the kittens disappeared, but she found them laying under the deck.


Donna, Laura, Denny and our aspiring actress granddaughter.


Ashley loves the camera, playing and talking to just about anyone. I have another niece just like her only a few years older.


Good example of the "old and the new".


My "awe" moment was when I first saw Ashley after a few years absence I asked "Ash"...would you like a handshake or a hug? No hesitation..."I want a hug opa"!


Unfortunately our visit was cut short because the horrible smoke last night. Ashley has some breathing issue and the bad air caught up with her in the middle of the night so the family had to leave...see you in two weeks Ashley.









No comments: