Sunday, July 31, 2016

Moving forward...does in no way...mean leaving your past.

It all began with our official coupling on January 1st, 1978.


Our wedding included friends and family, in particular, my best friend Sam and Donna's sister...Trish.


Donna loved her friends and brought me into their group.


She was so true to her lunch bunch, I don't know if I have ever seen a bond like what they had.


Donna loved her moms family, even though she hardly ever got to see them. The family from Kansas was very important to her.





My family was her staunchest supporters. They loved her and drew her into the clan from day one and she loved and defended them whenever I got out of line. Both Donna's parents died before she was 17, so even being part of the "Zwart Clan" was so sweet for her.


Donna's only sibling, Trish, was also such an important part of her life.


Even with me, my family and Donna's family, nothing was more important to her than Jason, our son. Against all her feelings, Donna resorted to "tough love" when it was necessary to keep Jason in line and once again it proved to be the right thing to do.


After Jason, her sister, my family, her friends, Benji probably comes in a close fifth as the loves of her life.


Ya, I came in close behind Benji, I hope.


So, before anyone thinks I may be moving on too soon, let me tell you that nothing and no one will ever replace the love of my life.
I wish I could say I'll see you someday babe, but I burned that bridge in the previous post.









No comments: