Thursday, July 21, 2016

Kayaking on Trout Lake Blog #406

Trout Lake is about 15 miles from home.


The first time I ever went there was when Donna was in between chemo treatments and she wanted to travel somewhere new...like she always did.


Recently, I took Riley up to the same spot to fish. We did catch a few and had a good time even though the wind blew our chair into the lake..it was recovered...but it wasn't until the following day that we realized Riley's collapsible rod/reel went into the lake at the same time.


Joanie Christain said I might find an old beaver house at the far end of the lake...I found more.


This beaver house at the back of the lake was thought to be an old, unused one.



The fresh cuttings in front of the house indicate it is...occupied.



Even for a small lake...it's hard to beat views like this.


I found another beaver lodge on the lake.


When I got close to the lodge, this beaver showed his displeasure at me for being in his neighborhood.


This great heron was eyeing a dessert.


Ahh...success.


Not the best focus, I am challenged by my equipment but is does show motion...which I like.


Just another gratuitous selfie...lol.











No comments: