Tuesday, July 8, 2014

It's visiting season!

My brother Joe and his lovely wife Cindy (she is a wonderful woman, but since she forgets my blog there is really no reason to compliment her...she'll never see it☺) drove two days from Southern Cal with a quick stop in Bend, Oregon, to see us.
I love having company, but if they really loved us, they'd come in
January. LOL


After 1300 miles, my brother and "twisted-sister-in-law" were more than happy to just lounge around the patio, feeding deer and quail. Joe and Cindy last visited us two years ago in Oregon and our motorhome fridge imploded.  Wouldn't you know it, same thing with our house fridge when Joe said they'd come up to visit...very odd. No matter, I would rather see family than have a cold beer.:-)


Speaking of refrigerators... Joe left the mason jar of moonshine in the refrigerator when which should last at least a week, thanks Joe.



I still call Joe my little brother, which is so wrong, in height and maturity.
I sent this photo to our sister in Colorado and titled it "The Blues Brothers" for obvious reasons, her response was that one was missing. Yes Teri, Jack is missing, but it was in reference to a movie which you might be too young to remember...hehe


Kerri, the barkeep at the local Elks Club and golf course kept us supplied with drinks and popcorn. Kerri was a hoot who spilled the inside scoop on all the happenings around town. 


Cindy is eyeing whether she can get this bird house to her car without me spotting her. Fine, you want the birdhouse, then you take Benji too...that ended that.


Joe and Cindy, what a great looking couple.


After 31 years and 4 wonderful kids you'd think they would give it a rest for a couple of days.


Their final night here in Northeastern Washington, Cindy wanted to see a moose. We took them to the Little Twin Lakes area where Donna and I have seen them in the past but...no luck. We did talk to the only couple camping there and they saw two moose last night (that's their canoe) and one stomping around their tent late in the evening scaring the girl to death.


Here is a short video of our visit to Little Twin Lakes.




Donna and I have to say goodbye to Joe and Cindy for now, but our hope is to see them this coming winter if we travel down to California. Thanks for coming up!





6 comments:

Teri said...

Awe what a great time you guys had! BTW, invite or not, we are next!

Unknown said...

Anytime little sister, anytime...:-)

Teri said...

we are invading Colville over labor day! can't wait to see you!!!

Anonymous said...

Tom... Joe and I

Anonymous said...

Tom.. Joe and I had a wonderful time. Hope to see you again soon.love you both.. oh and thank you for the compliments.. :)

Unknown said...

great Cindy...you found my blog...atta girl!