Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What day is it?

I woke up this morning very confused about what day it was and even after looking at the newspaper I still kept thinking it was Saturday. 
After taking the car down for a tranny flush I still thought it was the weekend. My brother probably started it all by saying recently, "I can't wait to retire, then every day will be Saturday"! (Thanks Joe)
Actually, if you think about it, being retired means you no longer have any days off?


Last fall, I neglected to mention my argument with a large metal pipe protecting the diesel pumps at one of our local gas stations. It was a total "brain fart" on my behalf as I pulled in to top the tanks off before storing the motorhome for winter.



Do you ever get that queasy feeling in your stomach when you do something so stupid and so easily avoided? That's exactly how I felt when the motorhome came to a shuddering stop as I rounded the fuel pumps. I kept muttering to myself "Oh, Tom, oh Tom"! It's such an ugly scar and not being washed in last 10 months didn't help the looks of our 12 year old baby.


So, this morning (being whatever day it is) we have decided to take the motorhome down to Spokane in two days to have it repaired...but first a little weeding before it heats up.


A nice bath after 8 months is a welcome sight for the old girl. She could use a good wax, but I'm not up for that much work at the moment.


Wow...for 12 years old, she's a beaut. Tomorrow will be "cleaning the wood floors" day for me before we take her to Spokane.
I for one hope we don't have to put her in mothballs again this coming winter, it would be a real shame. 


Donna helped me back the motorhome out of its winter shed and when I parallel parked the beast on a dirt road, Donna was in my mirror waving me to the back of the coach. I'm like "oh, crap...what's wrong"
"Look at our license letters"? I'll be damned if it wasn't the initials of her illness, acute myeloid leukemia, or more commonly called... AML! Feaky to say the least.
Tomorrow is another day... which day that is I don't know, but if the sun comes up and goes down 16 hours later, I'll be satisfied.









No comments: