Monday, September 2, 2013

Still working on the house.

I can remember while traveling the west coast and seeing folks out working on their yard or painting...I'd think, suckers! We don't have to worry about all that nonsense because our house is a rolling...not anymore.



You buy a used house you had better be prepared to invest in at least...5% for repairs. I was, but hiding a basement vent is just wrong...but you buy as is, you get as is!




We have now met 4 of our neighbors...which is 3 more than we ever met in Vegas after 7 years? They all talk highly of the former owners but who in there right mind plants "thorny blackberries"?




They are so sweet...but also...so invasive and not native to the northwest. Believe me, I love blackberries and we picked 10 or more pounds last summer in Oregon to make "vodka cordial" from it....but on my property? No way, I don't want that crap spreading all over!




Neighbors Bill and Becky came over to welcome us and show us photos of bears and cougars that their game camera behind the house has caught in the last month or so...I am so excited about the prospect of seeing one or two of these allusive mammals. They cautioned me about feeding the turkeys cause they make a mess. (I didn't have the guts to tell them I already put out a poultry block that morning)




This young buck was sampling the poultry block until one of our little havanese chased him away.




Two young bucks hanging together, one with developed antlers, the other still had velvet this late in the year




The neighbors had told us that Jan (previous owner) had kept gate open for the deer so they had easy access...ok by me.




Time lapse photo of the town of Colville from our patio. As Ronald Reagan said so brilliantly...."If it wasn't for the trees you could see the forest"! (actually he said if you have seen one tree...yada yada, whatever!)

If I could get my new neighbors down the hill to make some firewood of these trees, it would be quite an accomplishment!



1 comment:

Teri said...

post daily! loving what I've seen so far and btw, get that guest room ready! see you in November :-) jk