Monday, September 23, 2013

Eat yer heart out Donna....



               Our first three weeks in the new house.


Soon after parking the motorhome in front of the house I needed to fly down to Vegas to empty our small storage unit that held some kitchen and bedroom boxes, which was about all we kept when we sold the house and retired.


Unfortunately I was very short on time and photography during my stay at Duane's house. Duane and the family had my birthday present sitting on the table waiting for me. Four bottles of vodka and my favorite, Agavero... "El Original Licor De Tequila"! Thanks buddy, I'll enjoy it tremendously. 


It is so nice to have our king size bed back in service.


Donna found an oak table in Las Vegas for me to buy to keep her bedroom set company on the long drive to Colville.


While I was gone Donna cleared most of the garden of weeds and stacked some of the firewood, good job babe!


When I got home I couldn't resist firing up the wood stove because after all...it was going to drop all the way down to 40 that night. Donna and I were both cussing me out in the morning because we were so hot all night long!


We spent this weekend at an auction in Spokane looking for things for the house. I scored this "16" place set of Mikasa stoneware. My son Denny helped load the stuff into our trailer and commented that I could break a lot of settings before Donna would notice. After the auction then we headed over to his house for dinner.


Before leaving Spokane with our auction goodies, Denny, Laura and Ashley had a little 60th birthday party for Donna...hard to believe my baby is turning 60 this week...no way! Ashley and Laura made Donna the beautiful necklace she is wearing.


We had a wonderful dinner with the family, we only wished we were closer to both our sons families.


Hard to beat a Baskin-Robbins birthday chocolate ice-cream cake.


We got home way after dark and unloaded all into the garage...Donna is quite the trooper.


 Poor Donna was stuck helping me unload the trailer. We picked up a bedroom set, library desk, bed frame and headboard along with a few other odds and ends.


The biggest score was when Donna went toe to toe with another bidder and won the right to take home this beautiful moose entry lamp. Hard to tell from the photo but it is wood and stained glass...I love it!


After our long weekend in Spokane it was up early so I could drive Donna to the Spokane Airport. I go to Vegas and get 36 hours there, she gets a week...what's up with that? First thing I do when I get home from dropping Donna off is stack the last cord of wood for the year...I hope.


I'm in the fall mood so some corn stalks for our entry way should spice the place up, the dogs took no time at all marking the stalks.


This is the "eat yer heart out Donna" part. Salad with avocado and Caesar salad dressing, pan roasted brussels sprout, fresh corn and a rare rib eye.


Mmmmmmm, roasted virgin olive oil and butter brussel sprouts!


Donna...look at this, sweet meat squash that was given to me for free at the "corn maze". I keep telling Donna that some day I'll run into him, she says "who". My response is "the towns asshole"! Donna says maybe it's like poker, if you are on a game looking for the donkey and can't find him, chances are YOU are the donkey! She may be right?


When I cut and scraped out the seeds and pulp of the meat squash I thought that maybe some of the locals would like them. I didn't realize they were in the yards and threw out the scraps. The two young bucks didn't spook, but instead went right for the squash.


Happy 60th dear...I love you.


No comments: