Sunday, September 8, 2013

I have had complaints of no new blog in a while.

Right after buying the house we had to get busy looking for furniture and ready for winter. I had to steal the recliner out of the motorhome so one of us could sit in it and watch TV, ya...the same TV I stole earlier from the motorhome.


First we had to get the motorhome up here to make sure all fits where it is supposed to. We are sleeping in the motorhome until I can bring back a few things from Vegas...such as a bed!


I was so stoked to get the motorhome in the driveway but soon found out that every time I plugged it into the garage, and it will be plugged in all winter, it tripped a GFI. My brother Jack had to walked me through removing the GFI because I would personally rather have needles shoved into my eye than do electrical repair. I did get it out...so I am proud of this one small accomplishment.


Donna and I went to the elks club in Colville for a beer and found out they own this beautiful 18 hole golf club. As soon as I can get my knee fixed and it is spring time, I'll be out golfing.


Our weekend habit of late is garage sales. We need just about every thing for the house since only a few pieces of furniture are stored in Las Vegas. I haven't done a lot of garage sale looking in the past but am finding out that it is a "man eat man" culture. They not only get there an hour before opening, they push, grab and all but take from your arms, anything worth while...I don't care for it.


This is my only "self" portrait of doing any manual labor such as weeding. I am used to going down to the local nursery and hiring a guy or two for the day...oh how I miss them!


A view in the morning after our first rain storm was awesome.


It cracks me up that this wild turkey will lay here patiently waiting for the young buck to leave before he/she moves in for some grain.


Wouldn't you know it...my back goes out after picking up three pieces of wood. I did help by having Donna pick up the wood from the ground and hand it to me so I didn't have to bend over.


Only the first of four more cords to stack. Five cords should get me through the winter without worrying about running out. The big ones in front need to be halved once more with a splitting maul. I wanted Donna to give it a try but she just flipped me off and said it will have to wait until I get better. Ah, the love never fades...even after 37 years.

















1 comment:

Teri said...

I wasn't a complaint, it was a 'suggestion'! :-) Love the needle in the eye comment! Get Jason up there to run you some 220! Love all the pics.... can relate to the garage sale comments! Try craigslist or the local Good Will! Sooo based on what we see in the way of dinner, Thanksgiving in WA this year? lol