Tuesday, February 19, 2013

San Diego Family visit

Our trip from Yuma to San Diego was quick and uneventful. We had made reservations at the Guajome County Park in Oceanside, California which suited us very well...(read cheap)



Large spaces to park in with shrubbery separating the sites, fire-pit, table, electricity, water and free showers that are great...what's not to like?


            Not many cities nowadays can afford to build a new library "with an ocean view". Jack showed off their many meeting rooms, patio and periodicals section. Why they even gave me a library card even though I only visit the area once a year. 



I did say we were meeting up with family, right? Becca, (our niece) Chrissy, (my sister and Becca's mom) Donna, Dayle, (sister-in-law) brother Jack and yours truly after a wonderful lunch at Point Loma Seafood



Donna and I have many times gone to Point Loma to look for whales just off the shoreline. Chris and Becca explain to Donna that if you open your arms into the shape of a whale tail they will rise to the surface. I was with my brother so I never found out if this worked or not.



On the very end of Point Loma is Cabrillo National Monument  from which you have a beautiful view of the ocean, San Diego and Mexico. What a stroke of luck that in 1542 Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo landed on the most gorgeous point of the west coast.



Sadly, there are thousands of military graves facing the ocean and the city on Point Loma. A "shout-out" to all the fine men and women who gave their lives for the freedom we enjoy today...HOOO-YA!



At one point of the drive out to Cabrillo National Monument you can view a nuclear sub dry dock with it's large protective floating fence to keep noisy people out.



Here I am trying a little "creative" photography when shooting into the sun.



Unbenounced to the rest of the family my older brother was apparently fathered by Ernest Hemingway. 

No comments: