Friday, February 22, 2013

Carlsbad, California


        Before I left Guajome County Park in Oceanside I got a one day window with no rain so I decided to explore the park.



Guajome has over 4.5 miles of trails that will test you with some elevation.



The trails are shared with horses and bicycles but no motorized vehicles of any type.



This being "high tech" California, if you don't know how to warm up, do a jumping jack or touch your toes, just swipe your phone over one of these QR scanners and it will take you to a Youtube video that will give you a demostration on the fine art of how not to pull a muscle.



Guajome also has two fishing ponds but none of the QR scanners told me how to fish...what's up with that ?


Before I left the camp ground I met my neighbor Maggie and her Giant Green Winged Macaw. Nicolas was a beautiful bird but I'm not sure all the patches are normal. Since they can exert 2000 psi and snap a broomstick in half I kept my finger closed. 


The reason for the name of the bird.


Maggie seemed like a sweet lady but you gotta wonder about a woman who wears "goofy" sleepers all day and trudges around the bird and 5 chihuahua dogs all in a 27 foot motorhome?


           I had left the campground early and headed for our next stop to spend the weekend at Sweetwater Summit south of San Diego. I planned on leaving early enough so I could park here in Carlsbad along the shore for the day.



Ah...it's tough working on the blog under these conditions. ☺




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet view! Now if it was only 85 degree water I would go swimming.

Anonymous said...

Will you ever tire of living the good life?
Great photos, the weather has been kind to you and Donna, but we do need some storms and rain.
Joe

Unknown said...

Three things must be pointed out Joe.
1. Donna and I worked 34 years just in one industry just like you have done taking small little trips here and there...so tire of it? not! ha ha
2. If you look at the first photo, those storm clouds came shortly after my walk to give you Californians some water.
3. as good as the last two photos may imply, I soon left to take Missy to the vet. I had just gotten set up (no car) when she was pooping blood, which of course scared me, so off we went. Turned out she would be ok. I'll camp on the beach up at Point Mugu soon enough.

Thanks for looking.