Friday, February 15, 2013

Nostalgia Harley vs Tundra

           Even though I was a little late to the Harley world, I should have listened to my buddy Billy and kept "Blackmoon" in storage until such time that I had my own place for it.


        There is something to be said for taking off a week at a time to ride down long side the Mexican border in Arizona or up Colorado way to ride the "Peak to Peak" with my sister and her 2003 Anniversary Electra Glide.


 Donna jumped at every chance to go on bike trip, so much so that we put 25,000 miles and two sets of tires in 3 1/2 years without an incident.



Then there my other love (other than my wife of course) that I bought brand new in 2000, a Tundra SLR...and never a payment, all cash baby!


           I have had trucks before I bought my 2000 Tundra, but never one that rode as smooth as a Cadillac...but sadly gave me the same fuel mileage also. ☺ Even the old Loveland pass and it's 11,990 foot elevation didn't bother our truck one bit.



      The tires at this time had 75,000 mile on them and still looked great, I changed them at 84,000 only because they were cracking. My oldest son had praised for Michelin LT M&S with good reasons. When my truck was passed onto a family member it had nary a scratch, nor god forbid a dent.



That's right, 199,999 mile at this time. I gave my beloved truck to my daughter-in-law over a year ago and at that time it showed 206,500 carefree (never left me on the side of the road) miles! I saw it this summer and Lisa is taking very good care of the truck...thanks.

Ok...Harley or Tundra? While I may risk getting my ass stomped in a bar someday, I really have to be honest and say I miss the Tundra the most. I think I could rebuild another "Blackmoon" someday, but I'll never have a truck like that, I know it!








No comments: