Tuesday, February 2, 2016

High Frequency Radio Antennas.


While sitting here at Sam's Family Spa and Hot Water Resort, I occasionally look north and see on a mountain top, an array of radio towers with a building. 
My walking coach dictates that I, "keep it fresh", so a hike up there could be interesting. After getting some new hiking boots and fanny pack filled with bottled water, I'm off to conquer the mountain/hill in the morning.


As I walk the 1/2 miles from Sam's to my starting point I run into this! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!
Security cameras, keep out signs and high radiation from radio waves danger notices, assault my eyes. There was a number to call on the radiation sign so I did and told the guy I just wanted to do some hiking. "By all means, go ahead, but stay at least 1/2 mile from the building on top or it will ""cook you""? 
I'm sorry, but at 67 I have nothing to lose. I have a wonderful family and friends that love me on earthbut on the other hand, I have Donna, who is waiting for me to join her... It's a classic win-win folks!


I can not lie...it was steep, and with much loose rock on the old construction road.


Every now and then as I hike up the road, I would look back in wonder, at the beautiful sight across the desert valley. One of those little green patches on the valley floor is Sam's Resort.


Finally, my goal is in sight. In the middle of a swale, between these two mounds, is the radio, microwave...about a 1/2 mile away at this point.


Ok, now I am getting a better view of it, and just by coincidence, it does seem warmer about now.


I may be little closer than the 1/2 mile I was warned about, but like I said, no downside for me.
Those are the weakest antenna I have ever seen, like something out of a Star wars warship.


My Fitbit tells me that it was 3 1/2 miles to get up to the top and I traveled up 121 floors, with each floor being 10 feet in elevation.


This I took at my base camp (that makes it sound soooo outdoorsy) and what do you know...that Fitbit is very accurate.



This photo is to prove to the many girls I love that...yes, I did take water.


And...yes! As embarrassing as it is, I have a "fanny pack"!


You just can't get tired of looking at scenery such as this... so beautiful.
Tomorrow... Flag Mountain, yippee.








No comments: