Friday, August 8, 2014

What's Smoky doing in town?





Driving into Colville this morning, while Donna spends a week at a Spokane spa, I see a bunch of folks out in front of the Forestry Service building.
I guess Smoky is having a birthday, at least he has a few years on me.


I thought Donna would get a kick out of this photo, but instead her pragmatic mind quickly text back to me..."what the hell is he doing in town partying while Washington is experiencing it's worst fire season in history?" "Way to let the air out of the balloon, babe!"


I'm thankful Donna didn't tell them to "let them eat cake"...because we did. ☺ (you have to be really old to know that one)



Even though I am supposed to be on a diet, how could I resist a piece of cake from Wendy, whose last name also starts with a Z.


Time to say goodbye.
I was thinking that "hey, I must be pretty important for them to wave me off" until I realized Smoky and the ranger were waving to cars passing behind me.



No comments: