Sunday, July 29, 2012

Livingston, Idaho

          We left Irrigon, Oregon by way of Tri-Cities, Washington to Livingston, Idaho. Hwy 12 from Walla Walla is so beautiful with many square miles of wheat fields.


The long and lonely...dirt road. I love it!


Ran into this heliport for fire fighting in the middle of nowhere.


Our horrible spot on the Snake River. :-)


The morning view out the front windshield.


This is the kind of boat that if your best buddy wants to go fishing with you....you have a legitimate reason to say, "sorry only room for one"!


We went through Joseph, Idaho just in time to participate in "Chief Joseph Days


I guess if I had a log house or cabin, so should my mailbox.


Hells Canyon Overlook was a let down. 37 miles of a second tier road with the expectation of seeing "Hells Canyons" but all you see is rolling hills...no canyon, no cliffs and no river from there. We did see some great country on our 300 mile loop.


Brownlee Dam might be unimpressive to most but this is the tallest embankment dam I have ever seen at...420 feet.


The turbines create more than 580 megawatts but at what cost to the salmon and stealhead.


All along the Brownlee Reservoir were wild cherry trees. We picked a bunch but their meat was less and more tart than commercial crops.


These sandy beaches usually only occurs when a river is allowed to run its normal course, which means occasional flooding.













1 comment:

Your sis said...

As I sit here at 'work' and browse through your pictures... I'm becoming more and more GREEN with envy! What a wonderful life you two have. It thrills me to live vivaciously through you guys! Keep posting... I'm having the time of my life :-)