Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Joshua Tree National Monument

             After a brief look at the online instructions of my new camera I decided to just "wing" it and took off early this morning while Donna still slept. I found out very quickly that the extra mega pixels and zoom are helping me, now I just need some fine tuning and practice.


                                              Turkey Vultures riding the desert thermals.


I'll have the  breed of next two as soon as I find it.:-)


 

  Joshua Tree National Monument

Cholla Cactus Garden

 

My Nana's and fathers cabin for more than 50 years until my dad sold it in about
2005. It was in much better condition when dad owned it.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot diggity…you bought a new camera..! Good on you, helping to stimulate the economy by recycling some of those Social Security dollars……… LOL

Kinda sad, seeing Nana’s old homestead in the desert! Fond memories of our good times out there as kids! Wasn’t a creature ….lizard, snake or turtle safe from our clutches, ha, ha
Jack

Duane said...

Hi Tom, WOW great pictures of the birds. I hope to join you soon for a beer. We had a lady lok at the house for the third time today, hopefully we can work out a deal.