Friday, February 10, 2012

A day in Idyllwild

                                       Idyllwild is a small mountain town on the flank of Southern California's second highest peak, San Jacinto Peak....10,834', this is the correct name of the mountain although it has been identified "Mount San Jacinto".  

                       Idyllwild is your typical tourist mountain community with bakery, bars, gift shops and wood carvers. (and a lot of real estate for sale)

Unfortunately I cut off the top of this town center wood carving, oh well...it"s not like I am getting paid to do this.:-)


                     I'm rock climbing at about 11,000' on a mountain that is only 10,800? At least I have tennis shoes on and not my "Berks"


Beautiful Fulmar Lake right outside Idyllwild.



Lake Hemet off in the distance.




2 comments:

jason said...

Your missing the pic of you fly fishing the lake

Unknown said...

Jay, this is California and very expensive to get a one day permit...besides, I'm on a fixed income.:-)