Wednesday, December 21, 2016

My Ascent to Flag Mountain...101.2 Blog 415


Yesterday was a beautifully calm day, just begging me to go on a hike. (unlike today which is a cool and rainy day.


After walking a 1/2 mile or so, I am nearing the foothills. My objective is straight ahead, the highest pike.


  
After hiking a bit I get the bottom of the first very steep hill. Most of the trail is marked by piles of rock, shaped like pyramids.



Not quite half way up, you really get a good sense of where you started...and how much further you have to go.



 I can see (barely) the flags on the top peak.



Ahh...nearly to my goal. This is the third time I have been to this point. Made it to the top last year once, then on my second attempt I was nearly blown off the ridge by a sudden wind storm that came out of nowhere and I wisely stopped.



I made it, but not without being embarrassed by a lone lady, my age closely nipping at my heals.
I still using my selfie stick which was a present from my BFF, Judy, last year.



A little better perspective of the mountain. I came by myself because my partner has had a hip replacement and I didn't think it would of been a great idea to test her hip on such a rugged and steep trail.



Hopefully these Youtube videos work because I am having trouble linking the film to the page. I'd like to thank AT&T for their horrible service in Desert Hot Springs, which requires me to come down to a Palm Springs Starbuck's in order to finish this.



All in all... it was a great hike and it encourages me to keep pushing my own envelope.







No comments: