Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My visitors.



This January I received a couple of visitors to the Motorhome.




My sister Teri traveled from Colorado who first stopped in Southern California at our younger sisters home. I went to Orange County to pick up Teri for three days of sun, fun and spa relaxation. 




On Saturday Teri and I headed to our Aunt Bonnies 90th birthday party in Bishop. It has been many years since I last traveled on this portion of Rte 395. Besides the joy of seeing the Sierra's with a nice blanket of snow (rare lately) I mentioned to Teri that if we just keep going, another 1300 miles, I would be home. Rte 395 goes through the center of my home town of Colville.




I think Teri now has an idea of how beautiful she will also be at  90. Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Joe spent many years on the slopes of Mammoth, skiing...starting way back in the 1950's. This must be the secret to not only a long life, but looking stunning, while doing it.







Three more of the beautiful Zwart girls. Cindy Zwart, Teri Zwart and Haleigh Waitman...who Is Steve and Jani Zwart's daughter. Obviously we have some great Dutch genes and, marry well.




It was a good turnout at the party. Brother Jack, Joe and wife Cindy, with daughter Megan, are talking to our cousin Ronda who lives very near Mammoth. It was a great birthday party and fun to reconnect with many cousins that I had not seen in recent years.




No sooner did I drop Teri off at Ontario Airport for her trip back to Denver, did my best friend come to visit with his family. Duane brought the family down to take advantage of Sam's Family Spa services, the pools, Jacuzzis, steam room and park like grounds.




Daune's son Jed, wife Tas and daughter Tiara relaxing by the pool.




Lucia is a visiting teen from South Korea, who is staying at Duane and Tas's home, also enjoyed the pool.




This is a happy group, enjoying the 104.4 degree hot tub which, is the hottest of the four tubs. These tubs are filled with natural mineral water pumped up from the depths below the park. No chlorine is ever added to these tubs, which are emptied and cleaned every night.




There is a small lake on the back of the property where you can feed the talapia fish, turtle and ducks. 



This large black swan was also a visitor at the lake.



A toast with my BFF after a wonderful day at the pool, steam room, lake, Jacuzzi, lunch and a great walk... love you guys.









No comments: