Saturday, January 30, 2016

Chocolate nut snack. Blog # 376

I'm either on a roll or just bored...who knows, but here is my second blog of the night.
Some of my good RV friends, gave me a sample of Doug's chocolate covered nuts and said it was a no brainer, even for the likes of me. Obviously Doug and Kimberly know nothing of my culinary skills.


Just use some bitter, unsweetened, baking chocolate.


Mix in an equal amount of chocolate chips. Put the mixture in a bowl in the microwave and melt the chocolate. One problem, it seemed like one chocolate wanted to melt before the other and by the time I got them both to melt, one started burning a bit.


I wouldn't exactly call this a "picture perfect" moment, but I proceeded regardless.


Next I lightly crushed some nuts, from a Costco assorted mix nuts jar, and poured the chalky, not quite melted chocolate on top. The chocolate was not what I'd call a smooth liquid, more of a wet mud with clumps and spooned it onto a paper plate:-(


This is after having been in the freezer for an hour. It didn't taste all that bad, but not as smooth or sweet as Doug's treats. I bagged them into three bags, one each day, and yes...there is an uneven amount for the bags. I remedied that situation right away!



Well here are my snacks for the next three nights. I'll keep trying to perfect the recipe in the future.
Thanks to Doug and Kimberly.







No comments: