Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Zwart Family reunion.




I’m looking for my long lost cousin in Northern California. I know she is here somewhere, damn it! I should of looked more to the south towards Eureka I guess.



While we traveled south to Eureka there was this great little red school house right along 101 south of the town, Orick.


Near the little red school house and in an RV park was this herd of elk...I would rather they weren't in my campground.


Johanna Mary and I are nearly the same exact age and grew up in L.A. but by the 60’s she had moved to Northern California and I went into the service... other than a quick hello at a funeral 8 years ago, I have not seen my cousin in 48 years.

Johanna is a big time cattle rancher in Humboldt County, unfortunately I thought she was in Del Norte County so I didn’t try calling until I was 60 miles north in Klamath. Had I called while I was in Eureka, Donna and I would have been able to watch the yearly branding of the cows on the ranch...okay, next year, it is a date!


Donna, Johanna, myself and Johanna’s beautiful daughter...Monica hanging out at the bar after dinner. I’m not sure just how big or small Eureka is but both Johanna and Monica greeted at least a half dozen patron at Shamus T-bone Barbecue as neighbors. Even the owner Chris came over to say welcome and to show us some of the unusual creations on the walls and in the bar.




There were two electrical gizmo’s here. This is called a Jacobs ladder (Jacob is my fathers name so I paid attention) that Chris said could kill you with the amps it put out.


This arc put out over a million volts but was not deadly...I don’t get it! Had a great visit and looking forward to next years stop.








No comments: