Thursday, May 24, 2012

Klamath duties...

While I may say "duties", it is totally optional as to what we do. I like helping in any way I can.

This is one of our favorite jobs, estimating the growth of a raceway with 200,000 plus fish. We do this by netting up to 200 fish and measuring each and every one of them as a way to gage if the general population is on track for their age.


It's very interesting to go out to a local creek with Kyle, the traveling biologist, to trap and stomach pump any fish he catches to better -understand what they are eating.


The nice thing about being a "volunteer' is I can let Kyle do all the wet work.


Feeding the show pond is very calming project.


Until the food hits the water...then all hell breaks loose!


Donna is very fastidious about how the grounds look.


Donna and I are painting some "slippery when wet" signs on the hatchery floors. That is about the limit of my mechanical or construction abilities.








No comments: