Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Christmas Pajama Party (mini blog)

I was invited to a girls pajama party in Vegas (how could I pass that up) but I swore Cathy said "a négligée party" so I was really amped up over the invite! Vegas, Girls and Teddies?
These girls were Donna's BFF's for over 15 years. The group is down to just four women, two have moved away, and of course Donna's passing. They would all rent a cottage at the beach to eat and drink the weekend away. Sometime a cabin in Utah or maybe just camping at Mt Charleston, and then there were the charitable work weekends at the children's camp, while burning vacation days. It didn't seem to matter where or what they did, as long as they were together. (with a bottle or two of wine, of course)


I love these four girls, Kathleen, Carie, Betty Jo and Cathy and the two missing ones, Nancy and Diane...why? Because Donna loved them with her whole heart and they loved her right back...because of that, I too love all of them, with my whole being.
Cathy (in the red) is the one that sent me the invite. Every year the girls take great pains to plan a perfect Christmas party and she thought it would be good for me to be there, and good for the other three. 



I was the "secret" Santa, because only Cathy knew I was coming. We had taken precautions not to let the other girls know I was even near Vegas, let alone in the town. I just drove up for the day and am back at the Motorhome. (safe and sound, Judy!)
 The outpouring of surprise and love when I walked in on the party stunned even me...I have never had girls get that excited at seeing me before. :-)


First time I have ever had four girls in pajama's wanting to do 'selfies",
Cathy was so secretive that even John, her husband and photographer, did not know I was coming.

I had a wonderful time, good food, great wine and a chance to see many of the personal Christmas cards Donna worked for on days, just to send to her girlfriends. Thank you Carie, Cathy, Betty Jo and Kathleen, Nancy and Diane for being such good friends and loving Donna, as you all did. ❤️ 






3 comments:

Teri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teri said...

How fun! I'm throughly convinced it was a therapeutic visit for all. Glad you decided to go! Pics are great and I can just imagine Donna smiling down on you, so happy that you made the 'girls' happy in her place :-) Love ya......All of you!

Anonymous said...

Nice tribute to a wonderful day. Thanks for coming, it made the day even more special.....Love you back, The Lunch Bunch