Monday, April 21, 2014

Finished patio, Granny comes home the day before Easter

Granny wisely waited for the reconstruction of our front patio before coming home.



If you had read the previous blog you may of noted that our patio was being prepared for todays pouring...of mud. Chris, an old hippy, and Steward got busy leveling.




I am used to seeing those cement trucks at have a round mixer, this one was just a big hopper full of mud that is pumped out.




Steward is doing some finishing work around the roof pillars that will eventually have brick built around them up to about 3 feet.




The guys had just finished for the day when Donna called me from the hospital to come pick her up.




While I was in Spokane picking up Donna, our son and family came up for a day. I asked Jason to scribe into the concrete before it dried what his mother wanted...our grandkids name.

My father built a cabin in Big Bear, California around 1960. We kids got write our names in the wet cement and a few years ago while visiting Big Bear I could still see our names in the walkway, some 55 years later.



Donna looks amazingly good considering close to 7 weeks in the hospital. Of course the almost 4 hours trying to checking out was  stressful because Granny was anxious see her grandson, home and dogs.




When we were sitting at a stop light in Spokane I happened to look up and see this huge billboard advertising "Walker's Furniture". I opened and retired from the Bellagio Hotel a few years ago and can't imagine they knew about this...well, they do now!





Even I was surprised at the welcoming party the kids had prepared for Donna when she walked in the house, something tells me it had "Lisa" written all over the surprise.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2VQFeXT_XM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl6he67n0-M

We celebrated Easter the following day and I am somewhat embarrassed that I took video but almost no still photos, which is unusually for me because I prefer stills. Here are a couple of edited videos from Easter morning.


Later in the day Riley and Opa played in the yard with some of the toys from his basket.


The last project of the day was transplanting some of Opa's small tomato plants into larger suroundings. We made some hanging baskets for Granny's begonia's, also grown from seed.

Happy belated Easter to all.











1 comment:

Arnold Greg said...

Hi thanks for sharing tthis