Monday, January 13, 2014

Blog number 292...on the way to a perfect score in bowling.


Here are but a few of our decorations that stay in the house, or outside, all year. We used to collect moons, that being my soul mates  birth name. I think when we left Vegas there were at last count, over 200 "moon" decorations in the house. Before that it was fish...now it's moose. At one time our retirement plan involved collecting Anchor Hocking antiques with a big payday just twenty years away. Well after 25 years collecting the glassware it may of paid for two months of retirement...I think we actually lost money but it was fun collecting on every trip or drive we took.


Crossed eye'd "Bullwinkle" tries to watch my every move on the PC desk. Cute little guy was a bargain here in one of the Colville shops.


This moose is a blow up of our first moose spotted in Montana near the mountains overlooking the Bitterroot Valley.
He first stuck his head out of the trees on a dirt road then slowly walked to the other side...it must of been greener.:-)


I saw this moose glass table lamp at an auction on a Saturday but it would not be up for auction until the next day, Sunday. For some reason I couldn't make the auction the next day but Donna could and went with specific instruction..."burn the retirement account if you have, to but get that lamp"...she did, at a very good price too!


Okay, short break from the moose. I walked into Arden Second Hand in...where else, Arden and took about 2 seconds to make up my mind. Beautiful water colors of leaves and the frames match our floors.


This metal cutting is spectaular. Donna found it on the internet somewhere and I am so glad she did...it's about 3 foot X 2 foot.


This goofy looking guy sits on top of our towel rack in the bathroom. 


Nearly every home in Northeastern Washington have carved bears as their welcoming animal...not us.


Another break from those damn moose! Looking out the back patio was the moon rising, sun setting and the deer in the lower center coming in for a free meal. I think it was prettier than the photograph shows.


Alright...back to the moose. Donna found this dinner bell moose in town at Barmans Country Store. I tried linking their web page but it kept coming up as "rescued animals" so no free advertising for them.


Okay..last moose and our favorite. We have a great spot for an animal head or two leading out to the backyard but Donna says "no animal heads"! (besides, those things are expensive)
This guy is great and I found him at Big R Store.


Our flag was hanging on the front patio, but every time the wind blew the motion detector light over the driveway kept going off. I decided to move the flag to the back patio where there won't be any lighting problems in the future. As you can see, the white tails we feed are solid "Americans"...they stood still while I hung the flag. :-)


I am setting up the seeding table in our garage with a 20" x 40" warming pad and I decided instead of a number of smaller warming pads I can just use the larger pad, an adjustable ceiling fixture with two 3000 lumens grow lights that can be adjusted by chains to about within a one foot of the new germinating plants. I put the table here because the window faces directly south and will give extra light for the young plants.


Our accent lighting around a decorative mount in the front yard are still functioning but mostly buried in snow. They are 12 inches above the grass and I would take them out for the year but the base is in frozen soil.

Only 8 more blogs till I hit my magic number 300...yeah!







No comments: