Friday, March 15, 2013

SLO (San Luis Obispo) lifestyle

Every Thursday night in downtown San Luis Obispo they have a "real" farmers market. I say "real" because in Vegas our Henderson farmers market was fruit and veggies from Von's or Smiths because there is very little vegetable growing in Las Vegas.


There are a few organizations and trinket sellers but the majority are local vegetables and fruit farmers, food that local restaurants cook and flowers.


Some of the best looking and freshest veggies and largest lettuce heads (according to Donna) that we have run across.


Why it seems I own a toy store?



If you want to know which local restaurant to eat from, just look for the longest line?


The line for F McLintocks was long last year and still the winner of longest lines at the farmers market. F. McLintocks is a famous steak and rib house up on Hwy 1 near Pismo Beach.




Donna is very happy with her pulled pork sandwich.


Donna wasn't feeling good so that sure doesn't slow me down much. South of Avila a few miles was the "Luffa Farm" in Nipomo, California. I know nothing about luffa's so what the heck...it's free. I would never guessed the luffa's were from gourds.


Brandon explained that the gourd must dry on the vine for a luffa to be born. It is the inside skeleton of the plant.


The shape of the gourd is pretty much going to dictate the shape of the luffa. Some are softer than others which are used on the face, some are harsher that can be used in cleaning pots and pans or even chrome rims on your car.


Local fishermen from Pebble Beach filing up with diesel at our pier.


Local fishing buddy.


I would like to try this when the weather or water, is warmer.


I have intimate knowledge of the cost of pulling a boat out for repair or paint...
ha ha


After quite a bit of research I took the leap back into riding a bicycle as it's only been 20 years since my last outing.
My first 8 1/2 mile jaunt this afternoon on the hybrid Specialized Sirrus went off without a hitch...I'm sure much to the amazement of my siblings. While pricing bicycles I was floored that there were so many bikes in the 5K to 8K price range. I had to physically pick up one of the 7 thousand dollar bikes and it was so light, couldn't of weighed more than 10 or 12 pounds...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did ya buy a bike?
Joe

Teri said...

NICE BIKE! Tom's Bench, Tom's Cafe... when does Donna get a mention?