Sunday, June 24, 2012

A day of fishing on Klamath Lake

Greg, the manager of the hatchery, took my son Jason and I fishing on Klamath Lake. After an early start we hit the lake on a cold, wet and near snow level day. It's hard to believe that July is only a few days away.
   
                   My son looks like a big "smurf" in is frog togs rain gear.



                         Jason was the first to hook up with his fly rod.


I was so proud that Jay brought in the nice 7 to 8 pound Klamath Lake wild rainbow with the expertise of a professional guide.


The frosted trees behind the eagle gives you some idea just how screwy this weather is at the end of June. 


Jason's second of three nice trout he caught this day.


Greg caught this beauty after being our guide most of the day.


You might notice there is no photo of me with a fish...there is a very good reason, I didn't catch any. We did have a very nice lunch at Rocky Point.


Jason wasn't done fishing, so we hit a couple of creeks and rivers in the valley. This happens to be Woods river.


Ok, finally... it's off to home for dinner. We had a very good father/son day.















No comments: