Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ladder Golf

      Donna pushed me to get out and exercise a bit more and since tag football or Olympic wrestling were out of the question...ladder golf seemed right up my alley.



       The rules of ladder golf are that you and a partner get three tosses at the colored PVC ladder. You get two golf balls tied together with about a foot of string. The object is to toss the roped golf balls to the opposite ladder.



If you wrap up the golf balls on one of the colored rungs without it being knocked off by your opponent, you get points. First team to 21 points and ahead by at least two points... wins. 



Eunice, my partner at the other end, and I are in a life or death grudge match with the owner of the park, Shawn. Shawn had it all but sewn up until my last throw dislodged her highest points and the game continued. The crowd was on their feet screaming and yelling at both teams with encouragement.



     I even felt tremendous pressure from our little Benji as he intently followed the action, occasionally barking in his own form of encouragement.



         Eunice and I prevailed and we took home the coveted "Ladder Golf" trophy. After I hit the locker room and shower, it was time for a beer while allowing my body to mend. ☺

No comments: